Windows 10 - How to Manually Assign an IP Address
- On the computer select the Start button or search, then type “settings” and select the Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- In the left hand column select Ethernet.
- Locate and click the network connection that shows “Unrecognized network” or “Unidentified network.”
- Under the IP Address section click Edit.
- Select Manual from the drop down menu and turn on IPv4.
- In the IP address: field enter 192.168.1.x where “x” may be any number between 1 and 254.
- Click anywhere in the Subnet mask: field to auto populate it 255.255.255.0 or manually enter 255.255.255.0.
- Leave Gateway and DNS fields blank.
Article is closed for comments.